Monday, January 2, 2012

Welcome!

Welcome to pitchR/x. This is a website that will focus on PITCHf/x data and R. If you have stumbled on to this website, you are probably already familiar with these two things, in at least some capacity. My expectations for the website are something I'm still working on, but we'll figure it out as we go. The website will never have a large readership given the content, but that's ok.

I intend for this website to contribute to sabermetric community, and to encourage the use of PITCHf/x and R, two tools which I use often in my writing, which can mostly be found at FanGraphs and The Hardball Times.

Thanks for visiting! Later today we will get rolling out of the gates with an example of what I do, and then we will continue this little introduction.

Side note: I love comments. Whenever I post an article somewhere I'm always disappointed if I don't get any feedback, and I freak out a little bit. Paranoia? Whatever, just comment away. Ask questions, tell me I'm an idiot (don't actually do that), I just want this place to encourage discussion.

No comments:

Post a Comment